Disclaimer
Hilary
Child of God.
Pianist and musician.

Archives

Instagram


Instagram Follow me on Instagram
Fatigue.
15 January 2011 | 0 comments
Haven't posted in quite a while. Two weeks of school's over already ._. Time's flying past and yet everyday feels so long. Well, so far I guess school's been good, though academics aren't exactly what I'm most stressed about hahaha. Academics are fine, but have to juggle with all the other commitments. At that note, I'm glad I'm out of BOM and PSL.

A lot of work to do this weekend, and probably for the whole of this year, so I won't be posting much anymore, maybe just a weekly update, or a fortnightly one. Absolutely no time to waste. And I take back what I said about being tired whenever during the holidays, because that definitely wasn't tired. Since school reopened have I truly experienced "tired" -.- Not just physically tired, but mentally tired and emotionally as well.

Anyway... My older brother got his O Level results back! 8 A1s and a B3 for Higher Chinese, well not really a surprise there. He's gonna try out for RJC, and HCJC is his second choice. Dew got seven A1s and one A2! Not bad either :) Two points and three points for my brother and Dew respectively haha. Dew's first choice is HCJC! :D Will see her there next year~ :)

Alright, this is going to be a short post. Really too much to do and I don't want to waste any more time :/


7.09pm.
Lol, I still remember how at the beginning of last year one of my new year's resolutions was to concentrate on school life and forget all the other distractions and potential sidetracks, and yet somewhere at the back of my mind I thought, "Hey, it's a new year, maybe something new will happen!" with that *ahem* feeling. Kind of amazing how I've never actually given up on him since the year of 2007, especially since what I wanted seemed so impossible.

Well, readers should know what I'm about to talk about on this part of the post already haha. And since Daniel doesn't read my blog anymore (I think, since I've changed my blog URL and he hasn't asked), I shall rant? :D But will probably reveal my new blog URL to the world soon, so... Haha but here's taking the chance, and after posting I won't be able to reverse it!

Sometimes I remember 2010 in two parts: one really small part of the year where I was actually doing everything right, and then the rest of the year, where everything was different, where my life had changed. Did you guess? The really small part was in fact only one twelvth of the year - the whole month of January, actually. And then from the very beginning of February, everything started to change. Look at my archives and you'll see hahaha. But I shall briefly describe it here, together with my true feelings and thinkings.

Honestly, that little idea at the back of my mind as mentioned above didn't really disappear. In fact, the feeling grew stronger as time went by. So after January, when we were settled into Sec 3 life, I started talking to Daniel again, after a very long time, ever since the time in 2008 where he hurt me so badly and I didn't even want to talk to him anymore. To sidetrack a bit, 2008 was a year where I just immersed myself in hurt and sadness, and then in 2009 I was in hate.

Anyway, I found out later that he was always happy whenever I started talking to him or when I replied his instant messages. And then on 8 February, he admitted that he liked me, and that familiar butterfly feeling in the stomach began. We went back to NYPS for CNY celebrations, and it was quite a nice experience seeing him again after such a long time... Then on 20 February, it was like normal, me ranting to him through SMSes about all the stressful things of Sec 3, and then he said he had something important to tell me... I was watching the TV and a movie just ended, and then I was completely focused on him. There was a lot of suspense, especially since he was stalling, and then, his exact words at 12.32am on 21 February 2010: "I think I might seriously be in love with you..."

Truthfully, I was shocked and surprised at the same time. In that really I-cannot-believe-what-he's-saying way. By then, I was already accustomed to the fact that my dream fantasy would not come true, but then there he was, saying the words I wanted to hear so badly for so long. Call me a despo, but yeah, those were my true feelings. I didn't reply with an immediate, "Me too" or anything like that. Instead I replied what was really on my mind: "Wow. That was... a sudden surprise." And then after a few more texts, he asked, "Do you feel the same way for me as I feel for you?" and that's when I said yes. And so, at the very beginning of 210210, it all started. ♥

He told me that he never actually forgot, the feeling never disappeared. It had been three years. And amidst these ten and a half, almost eleven really amazing months, I remember all the time that even though we may not be the best fairytale couple, even though we rarely see each other, even though there are so many others out there who have so much better stories than us, we're different. We're different from the rest; we've lasted so long, even though it wasn't always in the obvious. And through these 10-11 months of turmoil and good and hard times we've gone through together, we've become even stronger.

The park just in front of NYGH has probably become our second home or something... Because we always meet there after school, or before leaving for someplace else. And that's the same place where a guy held my hand for the first time. And not just any guy, it was him.

"If a girl talks about marriage, it's normal. But if a guy talks about marriage, he's serious."

Another thing that's special: he's proposed to me. So many times before, over the phone, in real life, and whenever I felt insecure, he always reassured me that he won't ever leave me. He always tolerated with my moodswings, and never made me take the blame for anything. When I felt so overwhelmed with work and just ranted until I cried over the phone, he always calmed me down with his sweet voice and words. And when I cried in front of him, he always held me and kissed my tears away, talking to me, bringing a smile back onto my face. He's such a gentleman and that's one of the things that I really love about him. ♥ Though I agree with a lot of people when they say his looks aren't exactly very appealing, it's not his looks that I love, but his character. :)

Of course, we can't just base our relationship on ourselves, because that's how relationships end up ruined. With expectations and with disappointments. Instead, this relationship has to be a Godly one, where both of us do what God wants us to do as a couple - bringing out the best in each other, making each other stronger in faith, letting us depend on one another and Him for strength and courage and wisdom. That's what will make the relationship perfect.

A very small percentage of teenage relationships last, but from what we've gone through, I don't have a doubt that we will last. :)

We're something else. I love you.