Disclaimer
Hilary
Child of God.
Pianist and musician.

Archives

Instagram


Instagram Follow me on Instagram
All Is Fair.
23 October 2011 | 0 comments
I really love hanging out with my church friends. Spending time with God's family is really the best. And as always, it's great to come Home. :) Amidst our busy lives, do we actually make the decision everyday to take some time to spend alone with God? Honestly speaking, I haven't been doing so. Not regularly. Sometimes my mindset will just be "I'll do it if I'm free" or "I'm so tired, I'm sure God understands right?" Yes, that's an honest confession. This bad attitude was prevalent during the EOY period, and this has to stop. I need to get back on track with my relationship with God.

The issue here is not whether we have time to spend time with God, it's whether we CHOOSE to spend time with God. Saying that we "simply don't have enough time" is wrong, because we definitely do have some free time every day. We can't possibly be studying/working 24/7 right? Be it 15 minutes or an hour, we should at least set aside some time to spend with God each day, in reading His Word and in prayer. And of course this shouldn't be done in a very "on the surface" manner. We shouldn't get so used to the routine that we don't fulfill the purpose in reading God's Word anymore, that is, to gain a deeper understanding of Christ and to grow more and more like Him each day. Ask yourself now, are you really doing this everyday?

Just a little thought of mine... Anyway, in church we had our first drums session today! :) The teacher is Derrick Lim, a graduate from Yong Siew Toh who majors in percussion. Cool right? He taught us all the basics and also variations in playing drums today, and he was really bombarding a lot of information on us. But it was cool! Learnt so many things today and now I want to seriously learn drums and explore deeper into that instrument. Derrick just made it sound so interesting! I also learnt how to do a roll on the snare drum, which is something I've been wondering how to do for a really long time. Sense of satisfaction from today! Haha I really can't wait for the next session. :) Today's session really helped me open up my mind (amidst all the struggles with hand-feet coordination).

VOTD:
"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galations 6:2 (NIV)