Disclaimer
Hilary
Child of God.
Pianist and musician.

Archives

Instagram


Instagram Follow me on Instagram
Choices.
18 February 2012 | 0 comments
I'm gonna have to make a decision on what CCA to choose soon... somehow I don't feel like joining strings anymore, and going for their rehearsal yesterday just confirmed that point. I don't know, perhaps it's because I've grown so accustomed to the rehearsals after four years that it's become somewhat like a chore to me, like I'd rather just perform than having to go through all those rehearsals. Nonetheless it was refreshing to play the bass in a rehearsal, even though it was just sectionals, after around half a year since I stepped down from NYSE. Got a sense of nostalgia when I played, but it just doesn't feel the same as NYSE. In NYSE, things were different. Let's just say that I'd rather play in NYSE a thousand times over than in HCSE. The experience of playing in NYSE is truly one of a kind, and I'm not going to just let that memory fade into black.

So, strings is going to be my last resort. Really hoping I'll get into TKD. Went for their training tryout on Wednesday (missed Friday's one because of HCSE) and I felt so happy doing things like stretching even though it hurt a lot haha. The experience is exhilarating, especially that feeling you get after you manage to learn a full pattern successfully. That satisfaction feels great :) I've never tried any form of martial arts before, but hey, there's always a first for anything right? TKD Club also needs more J1s to join because of their upcoming nationals, so seems like I stand a higher chance of getting in hehe. :> Jun Weng from my CT is already a TKD black belt :O He's joining too so at least I won't be the only one from my class :) And D's joining too so yay! During the tryouts I also saw many familiar faces, hopefully they'll join and also become my future CCA mates whoo!

Right now I'm in a debate with myself about whether to join Council or not. At times I'm totally for it, and at other times I just don't really feel like committing. I know if I get in I'll be able to commit, but what I'm afraid of is the process that we have to go through to get in. I'm especially scared of the Q&A session right before the voting because it's impromptu and I'm not really good at that :/ But I'm also afraid of not trying, and then regretting much later, which will probably happen. So my current mentality is this: just try, and whether I get in or not, there'll be no regrets later. Maybe just humiliation for a period of time but no regrets at least. Not even going to bother weighing the pros and cons between Council and TKD anymore because that'll just make me feel even more confused. Anyway I'm sure that both Council and TKD have unforgettable experiences in store, regardless of which I join. So I'm just gonna go for it and try both! Yeap, that seems logical enough.

Have already filled in the CCA choices, so my first CCA will be TKD or, if I manage to get in, Council. No regrets. :)