Vicissitudes.
Promos are over!! :) Realised only after promos that we'll only take promos once in our JC life... unless we retain. Which shouldn't be the case be positive! Well anyway promos were a lot tougher than I expected. I mean, of course I expected it to be way more difficult than BTs but the pressure that came with the knowledge that promos will determine 65% of our overall grades was really too much. Literally had a panic attack during Chemistry Paper 1 because I was so scared when I couldn't do 3 consecutive MCQs. My mind felt like it was going to explode and I really wanted to go to the toilet and break down and cry but I couldn't because there was way too little time for that. So I had to force myself to calm down. It was a horrible experience. :/ At least it got better as the papers progressed, even to the point when I just gave up on trying to finish everything because I knew I couldn't.
Ah but enough worrying about that now, promos are already over. But it isn't really a time to celebrate because on Monday when lessons resume we'll be spamming PW every single day. :/ OP is coming and our WRs need to be finalised soon as well so I guess that does call for a sense of urgency. But everyone is just so worn out from studying so much for promos that it's hard to refocus again on PW. The best thing to do probably is to take the weekend off from work entirely and then get back on track from this coming Monday onwards.
Now that promos are over, I'm glad that I can finally stop drilling the two pieces I've been practising for H2 Music practical (Schubert Impromptu and Mozart Sonata). Can finally start learning new pieces and expanding my repertoire! So many pieces I wish to try like Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu, Rachmaninoff Prelude in G Minor and Liszt La Campanella. But my teacher's gonna make me play Pictures at an Exhibition first because he said I can't transfer the weight from my shoulders to the piano keys properly :( But nevermind that's a great piece too! ^^
On a side note, I've been thinking about something for a while, during promos period. I realised that everyone is always chasing after something in the course of life, be it good grades, earning money, or even rushing for an appointment. Whatever it is, we always seem to be in a rush. Like we're trying to catch up with time that's passing way too fast. But then, while we're chasing, I wonder how many people actually constantly look back and see what they've left behind them. Many a times we are so caught up in chasing after things for the future that we forget that we leave trails of memories behind us. Only when we grow old do we think: What on earth have I been doing with my life all this time? Have I really spent it to the fullest? I guess that's why people have mid-life crises. We realise all too late that we've been wasting our lives away, chasing furiously and hopelessly for things far beyond our reach sometimes. That's not really the way to live our lives, now is it?
Vicissitudes.
Promos are over!! :) Realised only after promos that we'll only take promos once in our JC life... unless we retain. Which shouldn't be the case be positive! Well anyway promos were a lot tougher than I expected. I mean, of course I expected it to be way more difficult than BTs but the pressure that came with the knowledge that promos will determine 65% of our overall grades was really too much. Literally had a panic attack during Chemistry Paper 1 because I was so scared when I couldn't do 3 consecutive MCQs. My mind felt like it was going to explode and I really wanted to go to the toilet and break down and cry but I couldn't because there was way too little time for that. So I had to force myself to calm down. It was a horrible experience. :/ At least it got better as the papers progressed, even to the point when I just gave up on trying to finish everything because I knew I couldn't.
Ah but enough worrying about that now, promos are already over. But it isn't really a time to celebrate because on Monday when lessons resume we'll be spamming PW every single day. :/ OP is coming and our WRs need to be finalised soon as well so I guess that does call for a sense of urgency. But everyone is just so worn out from studying so much for promos that it's hard to refocus again on PW. The best thing to do probably is to take the weekend off from work entirely and then get back on track from this coming Monday onwards.
Now that promos are over, I'm glad that I can finally stop drilling the two pieces I've been practising for H2 Music practical (Schubert Impromptu and Mozart Sonata). Can finally start learning new pieces and expanding my repertoire! So many pieces I wish to try like Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu, Rachmaninoff Prelude in G Minor and Liszt La Campanella. But my teacher's gonna make me play Pictures at an Exhibition first because he said I can't transfer the weight from my shoulders to the piano keys properly :( But nevermind that's a great piece too! ^^
On a side note, I've been thinking about something for a while, during promos period. I realised that everyone is always chasing after something in the course of life, be it good grades, earning money, or even rushing for an appointment. Whatever it is, we always seem to be in a rush. Like we're trying to catch up with time that's passing way too fast. But then, while we're chasing, I wonder how many people actually constantly look back and see what they've left behind them. Many a times we are so caught up in chasing after things for the future that we forget that we leave trails of memories behind us. Only when we grow old do we think: What on earth have I been doing with my life all this time? Have I really spent it to the fullest? I guess that's why people have mid-life crises. We realise all too late that we've been wasting our lives away, chasing furiously and hopelessly for things far beyond our reach sometimes. That's not really the way to live our lives, now is it?