Vapid.
Alright, let me do a proper post. Apologies for yesterday's emo post, but I'm better now. :) Just that yesterday I found out something which left me a little shocked/surprised. But then I realised I was relying too much on my own discretion and worldly expectations. But I'm alright now, as I've said. Figured that such things don't really matter anyway; it's more of just pure emotion, and really just teenagerhood in itself. I'll move on.
Tomorrow and Thursday some of the alumni will be helping out for the NYSE/HCISO combined camp night games. Looking forward and dreading them at the same time haha. Dreading because I'm scared I screw something up, as I have so many times before. But excited because I'll be able to see my juniors as well as my teachers and my conductor again, and have fun being game masters instead of being the ones who are playing the game haha. So for the next two nights I'll be able to laugh at my juniors the whole time, something I've looked forward to ever since I was in NYSE. :p
I'm running out of time to study. I remember one of the sentences in my CT's message online was that "You still have a good six weeks." Well, not for me, because my whole December is packed with other activities which will definitely leave me with much less time to study :/ Looks like the only thing I can do is bring work overseas and to camps and stuff to study; but the thing is I'm someone who really can't get much into my head unless I'm completely focused on the task at hand. Which sucks, yes. And another thing - I can't study at night because I'll be too tired. So I only have the daytime to study and revise. See how much time is gone from this alone? Ugh, hate the way I function sometimes.
Anyway, just want to share something which I read on Tumblr. Really struck me when I read it just now. And a simple verse which assures us of the wonderful promise which our God has made for us. And God never breaks his promises. Here it is below:
“…those who hope in me will not be disappointed.” (Isaiah 49:23, NIV)
What a powerful promise we have from Almighty God! When we put our hope in Him, we will never be disappointed. Of course, that doesn’t mean that things will always go our way. There may be temporary disappointments, but we will never be permanently disappointed. Somewhere down the road, God will cause it to all work out for our good. With God on your side, you will always end in victory!
Are you carrying frustration, worry or aggravation about something? That’s usually a clear sign that your hope is in the wrong place. If you hope in circumstances, it will deplete you of joy and peace. But when you turn those circumstances over to God, when you refuse to worry, when you refuse to allow the temporary things of this world to dictate your happiness, that’s when God can do a work in your life. When you trust in Him, He will make your crooked places straight; He will cause you to mount up with wings like the eagle.
Today, choose to put your hope in the Father; you won’t be disappointed. Trust Him because He is faithful. Find rest for your soul in knowing that He is good, and He has good things in store for your future!
Source: spiritualinspiration
Vapid.
Alright, let me do a proper post. Apologies for yesterday's emo post, but I'm better now. :) Just that yesterday I found out something which left me a little shocked/surprised. But then I realised I was relying too much on my own discretion and worldly expectations. But I'm alright now, as I've said. Figured that such things don't really matter anyway; it's more of just pure emotion, and really just teenagerhood in itself. I'll move on.
Tomorrow and Thursday some of the alumni will be helping out for the NYSE/HCISO combined camp night games. Looking forward and dreading them at the same time haha. Dreading because I'm scared I screw something up, as I have so many times before. But excited because I'll be able to see my juniors as well as my teachers and my conductor again, and have fun being game masters instead of being the ones who are playing the game haha. So for the next two nights I'll be able to laugh at my juniors the whole time, something I've looked forward to ever since I was in NYSE. :p
I'm running out of time to study. I remember one of the sentences in my CT's message online was that "You still have a good six weeks." Well, not for me, because my whole December is packed with other activities which will definitely leave me with much less time to study :/ Looks like the only thing I can do is bring work overseas and to camps and stuff to study; but the thing is I'm someone who really can't get much into my head unless I'm completely focused on the task at hand. Which sucks, yes. And another thing - I can't study at night because I'll be too tired. So I only have the daytime to study and revise. See how much time is gone from this alone? Ugh, hate the way I function sometimes.
Anyway, just want to share something which I read on Tumblr. Really struck me when I read it just now. And a simple verse which assures us of the wonderful promise which our God has made for us. And God never breaks his promises. Here it is below:
“…those who hope in me will not be disappointed.” (Isaiah 49:23, NIV)
What a powerful promise we have from Almighty God! When we put our hope in Him, we will never be disappointed. Of course, that doesn’t mean that things will always go our way. There may be temporary disappointments, but we will never be permanently disappointed. Somewhere down the road, God will cause it to all work out for our good. With God on your side, you will always end in victory!
Are you carrying frustration, worry or aggravation about something? That’s usually a clear sign that your hope is in the wrong place. If you hope in circumstances, it will deplete you of joy and peace. But when you turn those circumstances over to God, when you refuse to worry, when you refuse to allow the temporary things of this world to dictate your happiness, that’s when God can do a work in your life. When you trust in Him, He will make your crooked places straight; He will cause you to mount up with wings like the eagle.
Today, choose to put your hope in the Father; you won’t be disappointed. Trust Him because He is faithful. Find rest for your soul in knowing that He is good, and He has good things in store for your future!
Source: spiritualinspiration