Disclaimer
Hilary
Child of God.
Pianist and musician.

Archives

Instagram


Instagram Follow me on Instagram
Immersed in Thought.
29 January 2013 | 0 comments
I'm finding it harder and harder to post here nowadays - probably due to the immense lack of time for leisure because there's just too much work to do. Since I last posted a proper post... things have settled down a little. Getting used to having the J1s in the school compound, got used to being called J2s, adjusting to the difficulty levels of each subject, coping with the tutorials and revision load. Which is good :) Glad I'm finally getting used to prioritising my time after the December break.

I feel like I'm growing distant from many people. Maybe it's because everyone's busy with their own work and we all have less time to hang out with friends. Or maybe it's just me. I don't know. It seems to me now that I'm an unapproachable person, because people who are supposedly "close friends" don't exactly come to me when they have problems anymore, like how close friends usually do. Is it me?  Is it because I built a wall around myself and distanced myself from everyone somehow? Am I just over-thinking? I don't know, but the feeling's horrible.

Glad that today I was able to clear up some doubts though. Was talking to A during Econs lecture today (because I have no Econs!) and she gave me a lot of reassurance and good advice which made me realise how wrongly I've been thinking all this while. Thank you :) Realised that many a times I'm just too sensitive and I really tend to over-think a lot of the time, hurting myself in the process. About time I stop doing that and think straight.

VOTD:
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)